Happy Canyon Vineyard Blog
July 9, 2022
10:30am till 3:30pm
Piocho Ranch, Happy Canyon Vineyard
Santa Ynez, CA
Wine Club Members and your guests, please join us
Wine Club Members (Max of two tickets per member): $95 per person
Guest of Wine Club Members: $105 per person
Children under 12 are FREE!
FULL EVENT DETAILS BELOW
EVENT TICKET INCLUDES:
- Reserved Tented Seating
- California inspired Argentine BBQ lunch (Vegetarian options available)
- Selection of Happy Canyon Vineyard Wines
- Local Beer
- Water & Soft Drinks
- 3 Polo Matches
- Half Time Divot Stump during the Feature Polo Match
- Hat Contest
- Kids tent.
July 9, 2022, 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Gates open at 10:30 AM, there is no early admittance)
Happy Canyon Vineyard at Piocho Ranch. 1100 Secretariate Road, Santa Ynez, CA 93460.
By bringing world-class polo to the Santa Ynez Valley, the Happy Canyon Vineyard presents the SYV Polo Classic. The mission is to raise much-needed funds for People Helping People’s programs, which are dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children in the Santa Ynez Valley and Los Alamos by addressing emergency and basic needs.
WINE CLUB VENUE
We offer shaded seating with perfect viewing for the Polo matches.
- 10:15 A.M. | Wine Club Gates Open
- 10:30 A.M. | JUNIOR POLO MATCH
- 11:15 A.M. | WOMENS POLO MATCH
- 12:15 P.M. | CA style Argentine BBQ Luncheon paired with Happy Canyon Vineyard Wines
- 1:15 P.M. | Parade of Players, Flag Presentation by Sherriff's Mounted Unit and National Anthem
- 1:30 P.M. | FEATURE POLO MATCH
- 1:45 P.M. | 1st Intermission and Divot Stomp
- 2:15 P.M. | 2nd Intermission and Hat Contest Winners Announced/Silent Auction Closes
- 2:45 P.M. | Conclusion of Feature Match
- 3:00 P.M. | Presentation of Awards
The SYV Polo Classic will feature three matches: A preliminary match of junior players, a women's match, and a post-lunch game featuring high goal professionals with an intermission divot stomp.
At the conclusion of the featured match, an awards ceremony is conducted at midfield for guests to safely gather, mingle with the players, and view the presentations of the Perpetual Winner’s Trophy, Carlos Gracida Sportsmanship Award, Most Valuable Player, Best Playing String of Ponies, and Best Playing Pony.
Guests are invited to dress for a hat contest with fabulous gift baskets for the winners.
Guests are encouraged to dress for the day! There is a hat contest in each ticket section with fabulous gift baskets for winners. Weather varies but high temperatures are expected. To access current weather at event: www.weather.com and use zip code 93460. Sunscreen, hats and light-weight clothing are recommended. Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes (flats, sandals or wedges for women) as there is a 5 minute walk to and from event parking. There is cart transportation for the mobility-impaired.
**** Please, no outside alcohol and no pets (with the exception of service animals) are allowed. ****
Our needs have multiplied many times over as a result of COVID-19’s economic impact. This signature event is our banner fundraiser and your support ensures we can help local families in need year-round. Please consider adding a special donation to your ticket purchase.
MAIL A DONATION
If you would like to mail a donation, please make a check payable to "Santa Ynez Valley People Helping People" and send it to P.O. Box 1478, Solvang, CA 93464